Monday 19 February 2018

BOM 2018: Morning Glory Part 1 Border Frame

All my TEMPLATES for the zig zag border are prepped and stacked, ready for sewing. I always love this stage of applique - the putting it all together.
I managed to get my 4 x corners created this morning and I'm delighted with how they look. I am in love with this fabric. I'm using Crystal Farm by Andover and it's totally gorgeous. This year I decided to select a range and try to stick with it. I made this decision because I am chronically indecisive when it comes to fabrics. I hoard lots of little bits from lots of ranges and then feel stuck when an actual project looms. As I'm making 3 BOMs, I really don't have the time to irritate myself and waste time dithering over lots of different fabric ideas. Last year I picked a range that was too soft for my eye and I regretted it almost straight away.

So this year I was a bit nervous, but I think I've finally broken my bad habit. I love the look of Morning Glory and my Kaffee Fassett Love Always is simply impossible to do wrong.
 Here's my front and back view of the corners
OK, time for some serious sewing!





Morning Glory is my current paid BOM. It's an applique and pieced quilt. 

You can start this BOM today! 

Simply click the quilt image to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...