Wednesday 25 January 2017

WOW: Fancy Pillows

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays
I'm making good on my resolution to start using up my stash fabrics. Until now I thought I would simply commit to having the best dressed table in town: tablecloths, linen rings, vase runners and table runners are all on my list. But lately I've been frustrated with the quality of bed linens and in particular, European pillowcases. I've been everywhere, to all the major shops and each time I've been frustrated. So I've had enough! I went through the stash and found a fabric which matched my bedding perfectly and simply went ahead and sewed my own!

It's liberating. I should have taken up this attitude years ago. I have so much beautiful fabric, and better quality than you can purchase in most instances (especially when it comes to bedding and home-wares) so I'm feeling rather pleased with myself. One made, three to go.

And also, I'm impatiently waiting for some new fabric to arrive for Secret Garden, the BOM starts next Wednesday and I want to have my first block all finished to show you by then. I'm really excited about this BOM and decided to treat myself to some new fabric because I didn't have anything suitable in the stash for the kind of background I'm after. But more of that next week.

Have you signed up yet?
What's Your WOW?


4 comments:

  1. Love love that new pillow case what fabulous material, you are right our stash fabric is far superior to most linen on the shelves in OZ if you can find 100 cotton. I make my own pillow cases now and for the Gandies. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! And Esther! Look at what you are wearing! Absolutely gorgeous! Where did you find such a beautiful blouse?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Sometimes you just have to take matters into your own hands :D.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...