Wednesday 13 May 2015

WOW: My Favourite Pin Cushion

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays
This is Pinny-Sue. She's a 15 year old patchwork square pin cushion with an elastic band back that is stitched to stay in position on my machine. I think I made her up but I can't be sure as I do have some vague recollection of possibly adapting a pattern back in my doll and bear making days. Hmmm, I really don't remember much about making her even though she is now a mainstay in my sewing routine. I keep meaning to make her some new friends for my other machines but simply haven't got around to it.
She's definitely my favourite pin cushion. In fact, when my youngest DD started sewing one of her first projects was to make a pin cushion and when she brought it home she loudly complained that it wasn't a 'proper' pin cushion because 'it didn't have a face!' She's lasted through our beloved cat chewing her Mary-Jane shoes and being sat in the direct glare of a daylight lamp at all hours of the day and night...and she's doing just fine.
Today I'm in Queensland teaching a 2 day workshop. 
It's forecast to be 25c which should feel nice again after the cold snap that's hit back home.

What's Your WOW?

14 comments:

  1. Esther she's soooo cute, but I do think she has a bad headache! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh poor Pinny sue she looks kind of sore, and maybe even a headache LOL. She certainly is in a handy place.
    Enjoy your teaching I know you will have fun. Bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. She looks like a voodoo doll. I keep remembering that silly song "When you do the voodoo that you do so well." Could they have been talking about quilting all along? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your cushion - yes she looks like a voodoo doll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun pincushion. Though, she does look like she might be a bit pinned up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the name, but I'm not sure that I'd be happy sticking pins into someone with a face in case I hurt them. Perhaps it's all acupuncture and she's feeling great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Esther I am jealous of your pincushion... too funny! Thank you for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely pincushion. I might try to make one myself. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun pincushion! Love her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ouchie to your pin cushion lady LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Esther like many other I kept thinking of voodoo doll , but was so pleased to read may be they are acupuncture and it is not hurting her so much LOL. She is a such delightful pincushion doll and far to lovely to have needles in her head LOL. Hope you have had a lovely time in our beautiful QLD> Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm reading this on Thursday in Sunny Queensland and brrrrr.....cold snap has hit here but guess its still warmer than other parts of Australia atm

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pin cushion! I could do with one like that, sometimes I feel like sticking pins into someone, LOL!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. She has definitely got character ! I think she's awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...