Saturday 15 February 2014

Love Entwined Part 9 is Launched


We're past the half way point on the BOM this month, but for me it still feels like such a new quilt!

What do you think? Time flies when you're having fun? or have you been too busy applique-ing to notice?!

It's another busy month! Part 9 sees the 2nd flower basket borders (the left and right side) take shape in border 2. There's still some committed work ahead, but the quilt is starting to look like the beautiful coverlet we all know it's going to be in about 8 months time.

This is where we're up to


As you know, I've only just made a start on this quilt myself. This is a quilt that wants to take its time, so if you are working at your own pace - or like me, only just making a start, we're all in this together. You don't have to keep up with the release dates, just keep in touch.

I've been amazed at the wonderful and varied LE's being made and shared over in the Yahoo BOM Group and if you haven't shared your own journey, please feel free to do so!

Also, if you are creating and blogging at the same time, why not share your ideas / tutorials and techniques with quilters now or in the years and months to come? By adding a link in the archive at the top of this blog on the Love Entwined page, you can link to any specific LE posts that might be helpful to future quilters.

It's so heartwarming to see how many quilters are sharing their knowledge through the archive and through the Yahoo BOM Group. Talk about a friendship group!

And, just so you know - this pattern is still available for free. Yes, all 9 parts. This is unusual for one of my BOMs; but as we all know, and as I've said before, this is no ordinary BOM - it's a historic revival and the most important thing as far as I'm concerned, is allowing any quilter who wants to, the chance to make it themselves, for free.

It's not too late to make a start...

                            See you over in the BOM Group!


‘Love Entwined 1790 Marriage Coverlet’ is a Free 18 Month Historic BOM.
Each ‘block’ of the month is released monthly, on the 15thof each month. All ‘blocks’ are available for free during the month of their release. Any missed ‘blocks’ may be purchased.
All ‘blocks’ are available for download via my Yahoo BOM Group only.

2 comments:

  1. I have so enjoyed looking at all the photos in the yahoo group - I am so far behind as I have been working on other projects that need to be finished and I found it too hard to be working on two applique quilts at once - one was further along and LE was just starting so I decided I needed to finish that one first and I'm busy collecting up all the instructions and patterns and putting them in a binder to work on - at this rate I might not get back to it until much later in the year - but I will!! thank you - Karen in Arkansas USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Esther I didn't know that LE was still free and just recently with all the wonderful progress the ladies have made I was thinking about purchasing it! I will download the wonderful patterns now. I continue to be in awe at the talent and beautiful results that the LE group has shared. Thank you so much for sharing your talents... Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...