Wednesday 25 July 2012

WOW: getting over the flu

WOW = WIPs On Wednesdays

4kgs lemons
1.5 kgs raw honey

8 x tissue boxes

3 jars Rosehip Jam (84%)

Rosehip is a miracle jam. Rosehips have 40- 60 times more vitamin C in their natural state than oranges; although after boiling for jam this is rapidly diminished down to 20 times more vitamin C than oranges - a significant vitamin C pick me up for colds and flus. I haven't made Rosehip Syrup for years, (luckily we haven't needed it) but I think I will next year as it's been so useful in getting us back on our feet.

Here's to a better week ahead!









8 comments:

  1. I've been dealing with a summer cold too Esther and I may have to try your rosehip jam if I can find it. I hope you are feeling much better very soon :*) Because of travels and the sniffles, I haven't done much sewing lately, but I did link up to share a new addition to my sewing machines - a treadle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you have been under the weather...feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to read you have both gone down with the flu, blame it on the flying with all those other people in such a small space for 18hrs!!!!!! Just finished my Sweet Pea design just loved working on it. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get well soon. I hope you are feeling better and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you have been ill but so happy to see your sense of humor is right on target. A few months ago I had that cold/flu like thingy and was amazed at how much tissue I could go through. Hope you are up and better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you are not up to par. Feel better soon.
    Hugs Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry you are under the weather. Hoping you feel better soon. Here's to better days.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do hope you're feeling better soon, Esther. What a wonderful home-made cold remedy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...