Sunday 15 July 2012

Sweet Pea, details

Sweet Pea

This is a block from Part 6 of my free 2012 Mystery BOM Forget Me Not 


Select fabrics to suit your background
I'm using this Sweet Pea block on my yellow background quilt

Turn edge applique; it's faster and even easier than it looks

Considering using this method?

I'm actually using Floriani stitch and wash fusible which doesn't need to be removed
(freezer paper does) but the method is the same

The Sweet Pea is actually 3 layers of fabric
the base fabric is turn edge
the two upper fabric pieces are raw edge

 Graduate your Sweet Pea fabric colours to your own taste
Sweet Peas come in quite a few shade options


Stitch in the tendrils
The stems are raw edge as I will be embellishing them with stitches
at the quilting stage, you can also opt to turn edge the stems if you wish


the finished block




This is a block from Part 6
of my free 2012 Mystery BOM Forget Me Not
You can download this month's block via my website or my Yahoo Bom Group 

6 comments:

  1. Hi
    I loved your BOM,but ı can't download PART 6 of Forgot me not??
    am I doing something wrong?? Thanks so much for your lovely sharings and warmest wishes,
    Cigdem Futaci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot my mail
    cfutaci7@gmail.com
    Thanks so much again
    Cigdem Futaci

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, am having problems getting this part to download. I am loving this BOM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Esther,
    wow so nice parts,
    but they can`t be downloaded on your blogsite,
    in yahoo it isn`t a problem !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! this block just might be my favorite!
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...