Wednesday 28 May 2008

BASTED! and other positive thoughts.....?


Sometime's I wonder why I put myself through all this!
Funnily enough I didn't mind staying up a few nights in a row, happily applique-ing until 2am and by 6am I was awake and ready to go again. This just proves how addictive quilting is, you know you're being a glutton for punishment...and yet your hands keep on creating.....but you cant wait to smile that satisfied smile of seeing your quilt FINALLY FINISHED! ...so you keep on at it.....

At least basting indicates that youre that little bit closer to holding your finished masterpiece....

Yesterday was basting day, and after a few glitches and a few hours unpicking and re -stitching, I'm finally basted!

I've learnt a few valuable lessons (just when I dont have time!)...

Never use batting you've never tried before!
Inspect the batting before using - for some reason, mine wouldnt straighten out after light creasing and those stubborn folds wouldnt go away!

When in doubt, do not stitch any further - just stop. There's no point hoping it's going to be ok, if you've noticed something askew, it probably is.

Well all these things happened to me...but the good news is, I'm over them and they're now righted, phew, its over. When you come across what seems to be an insurmountable glitch....go and clean the house, you'll find your enthusiasm for quilting renewed in no time at all!

Unfortunately, all this means that I missed one of my favourite groups today...so sorry to you all, I missed you as I was stitching away. Looking forward to catching up next week. When this quilt is finished I will bring it along to show before it makes its journey to Sydney,

now its back to the sewing machine.....

3 comments:

  1. Just too too clever. It looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous quilt, I am anxious to see it once you quilt it..... Everything about it gorgeous! Batting, can be a beast for us all, I like to try new things even if it is the death of me, I have this stubborn mindset that I shall conquer..... Even if it is wrong.... Happy Quilting Ronda K Beyer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luv the " Go Clean the House" to renew your Quilting Enthusiasm there's definitely something in that !!! Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting. I moderate comments to block spam so don't worry if your comment doesn't appear instantly.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...